The Warehouse & Maintenance Supervisor will oversee all operations pertaining to the warehouse including management of the hire and sales inventory, supervision of prep and check in, equipment maintenance and testing and general housekeeping to ensure that the warehouse operates efficiently and safely.
The role is full-time and will be based at our premises in Edinburgh. Normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm but some weekend and out-of-hours work will be required as the role demands.
The Warehouse & Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Overall supervision of the Company’s warehouse, its stock, fixtures and fittings.
- Maintaining the warehouse in an orderly and clean condition.
- Ensuring that all work carried out conforms to Company and H&S standards.
- Working with the Hire Coordinator to ensure equipment requirements for hires are met.
- Supervision of equipment ‘Prep’ to ensure accurate and timely delivery of jobs.
- Supervision of equipment ‘Check-in’ to ensure returned equipment is turned around efficiently.
- Assignment of tasks to members of technical and warehouse staff.
- Management of a maintenance programme for all hire stock.
- Arranging all required testing/calibration for electrical, lifting and other relevant equipment.
- Maintaining a record of all test results for easy reference.
- Ensuring that all faulty/damaged equipment is repaired within a reasonable time-frame.
- Choosing the most cost-effective repair strategies for equipment.
- Maintaining a suitable stock of spare parts.
- Ensuring that all incoming goods are checked, stocked and any shortages/damages reported.
- Updating the stock system with changes to hire and sales stock.
- Tracking all consumables and spares used within the warehouse and updating the stock system accordingly.
- Tracking all department costs including spares, repairs, manufacture, etc and reporting to management.
- Review and update of procedures to maximise the efficiency of the department.
- Producing regular management reports to summarise warehouse and stock status.
The Warehouse Supervisor will report to the Hire Manager
Candidates should possess a good working knowledge of technical event equipment and have at least 2 years experience in a similar environment. Knowledge of PAT and LOLER will be beneficial.
A full UK driving license will be beneficial but not essential.
Salary : £21-£26k pro-rata + OT
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to [email protected]. Closing date for applications : Fri 21st February 2020