We have another vacancy for a Lighting Technician to join our in-house team.
Based out of our warehouse here in Edinburgh, the successful candidate will work with our hire and events team to fulfill our customer’s requirements. The role is varied and includes customer liaison, design, warehouse work, deliveries and collections, equipment setup and operation and maintenance work. You will also be expected to undertake work within other related disciplines as your skills allow.
Key skills should include:
- Solid understanding of current lighting equipment and technologies
- Experience in the set-up and operation of entertainment lighting equipment
- Experience in variety of applications including live music, theatre and conferences
- Experience with moving heads and LED fixtures
- Lighting design experience
- Board programming experience ideally including Avolites and ETC desks
- Good troubleshooting ability
Customer service and satisfaction are key to our business model. Candidates should have a bright, cheerful, personality and enjoy working face-to-face with customers. Strong communication skills, good attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and a ‘go the extra mile’ attitude are also essential to the role.
The nature of this role also requires a certain degree of flexibility with regard to working hours and the willingness to work evenings, late nights and weekends is essential.
Experience in other technical disciplines such as sound, video, rigging or electrics will be advantageous to applicants.
A full UK driving license is an essential requirement for this role.
Salary – £19-£24k pro rata per annum.
To apply for this role, please forward a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Closing date for applications – 15th February 2019
Previous applicants need not re-apply